Whether you’re gearing up for the Super Bowl, or just looking for a yummy appetizer to try, these garlic parmesan wings will surely hit the spot.
I’ve had wings every which way: buffalo, soy garlic, salt & pepper, lemon pepper, etc. You name it, I’ve had it! But for some reason, I never tried garlic parmesan before this day and it was amazing!!!!
The best part about these wings, is I made them in the air fryer which made them extra crispy. Considering how much fat is in the sauce, cooking it in the air fryer is definitely a healthier choice to traditional frying. You might as well cut calories whenever you can. And to be honest, no one would know the difference.
When it comes to good wings, there’s a little bit of controversy around 2 things: to boil or not to boil, and to dredge in flour or not to dredge. Here’s where I stand. DO NOT BOIL! NOPE just NOPE! And dredging in flour isn’t necessary. I see why people do it, but if you cook it properly, you can get it very crispy without adding an extra layer of breading or extra calories.
I like to get my wings from Costco because they come precut. Cutting wings is annoying so if you can avoid it, I highly recommend it. Otherwise, cut the wings, separating the little “legs” from the wing part. Discard the wing tips. I like to wash my chicken in a little lemon juice and then rinse with water get rid of some of that “chicken” smell.
After cleaning, pat the chicken dry with paper towel and season however you like. I used salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drying your chicken with paper towel before cooking will help make the skin crispy when you cook it. I do the same thing when I make Pernil.
Cook your chicken in the air fryer for 45 min at 450 degrees, making sure to flip the chicken periodically. I have a large air fryer that allows me to cook a lot of chicken at once. If you have a smaller, basket style, air fryer, you will want to cook it in batches. This could take some time but if you don’t have patience, you can cook it in the oven on a baking sheet.
While the chicken cooks, make the sauce. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant but do not let it get brown. Remove from the heat and add the parmesan cheese.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the air fryer and toss it in a bowl with the garlic mixture and a liberal amount of chopped parsley. Enjoy! It’s finger lickin’ good!Print
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Prep Time: 10min
- Cook Time: 45min
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 1/2 lbs Chicken Wings (cut into sections)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 6 Cloves Fresh Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated finely)
- Parsley (chopped for garnish)
- Clean chicken wings with lemon juice, rinse with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook chicken in the air fryer at 450 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to turn chicken periodically so that it cooks evenly.
- While the chicken cooks begin the sauce. Melt butter in a small sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add the oil and garlic and cook for approximately 3 minutes until garlic becomes fragrant but not brown.
- Turn off the heat and add the parmesan cheese.
- Once the chicken is cooked, toss the chicken with the butter and garlic mixture and a liberal amount of chopped parsley.
- Serve hot!
- Category: Appetizer