This low card alternative will definitely impress the best of them!
- 6 bell peppers
- 1lb of 92/8 lean ground beef (or any ground protein like turkey or chicken)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 7 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups rice cauliflower
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash bell peppers, cut off tops and save, and remove insides of peppers and discard.
- Dice tops of peppers and put to the side.
- Dice onion, mince garlic and put to the side.
- Saute peppers and onions in olive oil on medium heat until peppers are soft and onions are transluscent.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant but be careful not to burn it.
- Add in the beef and cook until meat is cooked through. Make sure to keep mixing it up and chopping up meat into a fine mixture.
- Add in tomato sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Once the meat is cooked through and thoroughly mixed through, add the riced cauliflower.
- Cook until warmed through. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
- In a baking pan, put a small amount of water on the bottom and place the empty peppers inside.
- Fill the peppers with the beef and cauliflower mixture, cover with aluminum foil and cook for 30-40 min until peppers are fork soft.
- Remove foil, cover with cheddar cheese and broil until cheese is melted and light brown.
- Category: Low carb
Keywords: Low carb, cauliflower, keto