I don’t often talk about my husband. Most people know me and know that we’ve been together for many years and we have a nice life together. But in the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d share just some of the things I love about Noelby and what makes him so special to me.
- He’s funny. People may not realize it, but my husband is so funny. He always makes me laugh and sitting around laughing together is one of my favorite things to do. Sometimes I’m laughing at him, especially when he mispronounces words, but he doesn’t mind. He’s a good sport.
- He’s such a good father. When Noelby and I met, he told me that family was extremely important to him. I knew right away that he was going to be a great dad, and now with two kids, it’s more than obvious. I love watching him play with the boys, and squeeze them when they want to cuddle.
- He puts up with my shenanigans. Sometimes I can be difficult. I’m obsessive, high strung and very particular about things. And none of that bothers him. He knows exactly who I am and loves me for all the good. And the bad.
- He always remembers the little things that make me happy. My husband is not a big gift giver nor does he randomly buy me flowers like some men do, and that’s ok. He might go to Costco or a store and see something that I like and he’ll bring it home for me. Or on a day like Valentine’s Day, he’ll travel far to the store just to get the specific chocolate that I like.
- He’s beyond supportive. In 2019, when I was laid off, I freaked out. It was the first time that I had been without a job my whole life and I didn’t know what we were going to do. But he had faith in me, supported me, and knew that everything was going to be ok.
- He’s incredibly patient. I know my weaknesses and patience is one of them. I am NOT patient. But Noelby is. He is the Ying to my Yang and what I lack, he has.
- He always makes me feel beautiful. It’s no secret that I’ve gained some weight over the years. But no matter what I look like, or how much I weigh he still thinks I’m the most beautiful woman in the world. And tells me so.
- He puts me first and stands up for me when I need it. I can fight my own battles. But there’s times when it helps to have someone in your corner. And Noelby does that. There’s been some times in our life where I’ve felt attacked by others and he’s put me above all and come to my defense.
- He’s dedicated and has vision. Noelby has worked really hard to get to where he is in his life. He always had a clear vision of what he wanted and didn’t let anything get in the way of that.
- He picked up the pieces when I was falling apart. Losing my mom was the worst thing I’ve ever experienced in my life. I’m still struggling every day to deal with it. But he’s really stepped up and allowed me to just grieve when I need to. When I cry, he lets me be. He doesn’t ask, “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?”, because he knows why. He doesn’t get annoyed, question me or rush me into feeling better faster. And when I fall apart and can’t handle the day to day, he steps in to help.
I absolutely love this great tribute to a great man XOXO!!!!